Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Polishes!

A few days ago I ordered from 8ty8beauty and picked up two polishes from China Glaze's Safari Collection- Jungle Queen and I'm Not Lion.

Jungle Queen is a dusty purple whereas I'm Not Lion is a beautiful dense glitter with gold, silver, green and blue glitter. It was opaque in two coats. Jungle Queen liked to pool at the edges but other than that, application was fine. I just needed, like with almost all China Glazes, thin coats. I'm a sucker for purples and have to tell myself to not buy all of the purple.

Here's the mani I did with it. I will probably be using these colors again to liven it up a bit more and "refresh" the manicure.
















The glitter is incredibly glitzy but it wasn't translating perfectly into pictures. If you end up buying this, know that it dries matte but with a top coat becomes super shiny!

I love the color combo. It's a great fall combo and one thing I love about fall & winter is the excuse to wear as much glitter (and sequin skirts/shirts) as I can. I originally meant to get I Herd That but that will have to wait another day... I guess I was just too excited and ended up ordering the wrong one. Oh well, I love it nonetheless!

I have a super busy week ahead but I'll still keep up. I'll be introducing something new on Wednesday so stay posted.

I'm also submitting this post as part of a link up!



If you're a manicure blogger, you should do it too.

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting "I'm Not a Lion" since I saw it on Pinterest! I'm going to have to find it!

    http://allisondiane16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://8ty8beauty.com/nail_polishes/cg-e.htm

      :)

      Delete
  2. I really really want I'm Not Lion - same thing as Allison, saw it on Pinterest :)

    P.S. I see you have CAPTCHA enabled. I know a lot of bloggers who won't comment if it is. I have moderating enabled, so I can still filter spam if it shows up. Just thought I'd let you know :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Let me know what you think. :)